Strona wykorzystuje pliki cookies, jeśli wyrażasz zgodę na używanie cookies, zostaną one zapisane w pamięci twojej przeglądarki. W przypadku nie wyrażenia zgody nie jesteśmy w stanie zagwarantować pełnej funkcjonalności strony! Szczegółowe informacje znajdują się w Polityce prywatności.
Slide 1

Wersja językowa

Support the Foundation

By supporting the Foundation, You help us to save memory places and artifacts that are left over by the activity of KL Auschwitz – Birkenau concentration camp from being forgotten. Our shared cooperation will help to save those silent witnessess of the tragic events for future generations.

read more

Memory sites

GPS N 50.00592 E 19.15667

Visiting possible only after earlier contact through our contact form

Establishment of sub-camp in Budy and Bor, as in many other cases, was   preceded by the displacement of the local population. All the action took place in March 1941. Residents were not allowed to take any property, most were sent to the General Governorship. Only miners and railroad workers settled in the neighboring villages.

Read more: Budy - Bor

Pławy village, 5 kilometres far from Oświęcim. In March 1941 it's citizens were removed, and their houses have been destined for demolition. Beginning April, commandos of prisoners were brought to the area. They worked with drainage of the fields. Starting June, everyday around 400 prisoners worked with leveling the area, building the area and salvaging material from demolished homesteads. In February 1942 a decision was made, about creating a farm specialized in raising cattle and horses. It was under jurisdiction of one of the commandos from Auschwitz. Each day, prisoners from Auschwitz and Birkenau were brought here to handle the farm.

Read more: Pławy

At the beginning of April 1941, german authorities proceeded to remove the locals from Harmęże village. They had to leave all the farm hardware that later was sent to the camp in Auschwitz. A poultry farm was established in the area of the village, and local breeding ponds had been annected, previously they were property of Polish Academy of Skills in Cracow and Gustaw Zwilling, local property owner.

Read more: Harmense

GPS N 49.97283 E 19.13755 (PARKING N 49.97297 E 19.13992)

Visit possible only after earlier contact through our contact form

Together with the start of the war, all the german industry switched to defense policy. One of the most important elements of this machine, were the people. The ones who got drafted, could not work any longer for the sake of industry. The authorities of the Reich, to fill those shortages, started a forced labor, then using of prisoners from concentration camps started.

Read more: Jawischowitz

In April 1941, the people of Raisko have been displaced. They could take only 25 kg of possesions, all other household appliances and the livestock had to be left behind. Most of them ended at General Governship, as some were moved to the right bank of Soła river.

Empty houses have been deconstructed by prisoners coming from Auschwitz. Authorities of the camp made a decision, that Raisko will cultivate crops, in addition to already existing facility in Auschwitz. Some of the inmates working there, were sent to Raisko.

Read more: Raisko

Many factories of the defense indsutry, to protect their production line, moved them out of range of Allied bombers. It happened also in case of Siemens – Schuckertwerke concern. The  management chose safe vicinity of KL Auschwitz camp – Bobrek village. Localization was also chosen because it was possible to use prisoners for work. Siemens cocncern was already using the prisoners from Buchenwald at the time. Before the war, there was also a factory of synthetic fertilizers in Bobrek. During 1941 -1943 a small forced labor camp for Jews was constructed there.

Read more: Bobrek

More Articles...

  1. Monowitz
  2. Babitz